January 22, 2011

Evolution of Art: About the Artist, Ashira Malka

Artist Statement

Loving the look of languages expressed in calligraphy, I’ve wanted to bring a calligraphic touch to my paintings and hope I have achieved this by using acrylic paint markers to create all these works, plus some pastel for that connection to my past when crayons were all I used, and atoms of my own body’s fingers intermingled and mixed with the media, physically becoming part of the art while it became a part of me.… I am embedded here now, yours to see.



About the Artist

Ashira is an American-Israeli-American-Israeli-American-Israeli-American-Israeli-American (so far) sorta-Essene Jew who’s pretty into Zen, who for some reason has an identity issue or two. These issues sometimes surface in poetry, art, and whatnot. This poetry, this art, these performances do not come from the worlds of art or poetry but from life, both the experience of and meditation upon, bridging the contemplative and active, the potential and kinetic, while always retaining a kinesthetic aesthetic.


Evolution of Art and Beanetics Coffee Roasters is pleased to invite you to attend the Artist Reception for Ashira Malka's "Nothing to  Say, Something to Show".

DATE: Sunday, February 6, 2011
TIME: 2-4pm
WHERE: Beanetics Coffee Roasters (7028 Columbia Pike, Annandale, VA 22003)

No comments:

Post a Comment