April 11, 2010

Evolution of Art:Making Herstory at Beanetics Today!

It's another fabulous day here at Beanetics, and we're celebrating women's creativity! Pia is here with a stack of her book, Moon on the Meadow, which she will be reading from and signing soon. Imani Tinter, one of our two student scholarship recipients, and her mother, Laura are here sitting under their amazing photographs. Imani has two photographs in this show... both of them trees. According to Imani, she took these pictures during the Snowmageddon 2010, because they were the only thing not covered in snow! Laura's photographic style is macro, and her photograph captures a bee landing on the flower. Way cool!

Sara Burkle Bohn and her family have arrived. Sara has a wonderful painting titled, Matisse's Purple Coat, and is inspired by Matisse's painting by the same name! This is Sara's first show and we are thrilled to have Sara as part of this exhibit!

Our second student scholarship recipient, Madeline Paul, has arrived with her parents. It is wonderful to see the excitement of a young artist, just starting to show her work. This is the second group show I have curated that Madeline is a part of. I am inspired by her talent and enthusiasm!

It is wonderful to see friends, old and new, coming out for this event. Lots of hugs, smiles, (and a few rubber chickens, ) abound as art friends and patrons come to celebrate with us! The joyfulness of the beautiful spring day permeates the space, laughter and conversation fills the room. What a fantastic way to spend a Sunday afternoon!

This exhibit, Making Herstory 5: The Inclination to Rise, is on display through April 23rd. Be sure to stop by and experience the cheerful, inspiring artwork for yourself! You'll be glad you did!




11 comments:

  1. Hey. my names Madeline Paul. I did a painting of an eclipse butterfly. The title of the painting is "the awesome and the simple." I named it this because every day I can look at the sky and see its awesome beauty telling me that even though the world may look bleak there is such a thing that remains beautiful and constant in everyones lives. IVe always been very connected with the balance of the sun and moon, being the constant comforters in the day and in the night, the sun causing growth and life and the moon causing comfort and peace. and the other part of my painting, the simple part is the butterfly, because something even as simple as a single butterfly, flittering across the sky can make you smile, and thats all it takes to get one out of a reverie of sorrow. Two completely opposite things can create the same impetus to rise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely afternoon with friends! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's great to be here at Beanetics
    The poetry reading was really inspiring. I think i might try to right a book on poetry!
    The art here is also inspiring. It's great to be surounded by so many different view of art.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy the paintings(Big Mamma jumps out at my eye). The photos are crisp and inviting. The Butterfly flitters near me. Pia's words touch my core. I understand and need more to feed my soul.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an awesome event. I get to meet some of Jennifer's artists and guests. First of all, the venue is very nice and cozy. I always like the smell of coffee and the sound of the blender. But to add the artwork to this place, it is a well worth visit. I was amazed of the artists' talents and some are coming from such young age. The poem reading is so lovely, except we could use a little more quiet place to do that. An enclosed area would better serve the soft voice of Pia reading them. Thanks Jennifer again for the invite and I will spread the words to my friends and family again for the next event.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely show and a great reception! Kudos to all he artists, to Pia for her wonderful poetry, and to Jennifer and Mikki for making it all happen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I missed seeing my friends here, but I am pleased to say that I made new ones! Thanks to Beanetics, Michelle and Jennifer for hosting HerStory5. I am very honored to have my work hanging among such talented artists.

    I also really enjoyed Pia's poetry and I was happy to find enough money in my purse to buy her book and have it signed! Hope those friends of mine who couldn't make it out today will stop by to see the work and have some roasted-on-the-premises coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the paintings with purple, like the butterfly, the daffodils, and my mom's painting of the purple coat!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love my mom's painting of the purple coat!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sadly I missed the poetry reading as I was outside with my noisy son
    time the whole time, but I did see the paintings and they're beautiful...perfect for Springtime..all the lovely flowers. Thank you for a great afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Formidable! Loved all the art - beautiful paintings and photographs with some good coffee - such a treat to get an expresso in a appropriate cup.

    ReplyDelete