August 16, 2009

Evolution of Art: Peter Flint's Reception





Fabulous photos on display here at Beanetics. This afternoon is Peter Flint's artist reception, from 2 to 5 pm. Peter is a perfect example of the mission for The Evolution of Art Series. He is an up-and-coming photographer, with a great eye. He is a student at George Mason University, and works here at Beanetics. This is his first art show. Come by and support the arts.

Peter's work is worth seeing-- he captures images in a way that draws you in deeply. While the images are of familiar places, Peter finds a unique angle or perspective, and that makes his work intriguing.

Peter's work will be on display through September 12th. Be sure to have a look for yourself!

12 comments:

  1. Great attention to detail, nice fine-tuning, rich textures and vibrant colors, love the city scene especially

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work - it has a very good sense of atmosphere and immediacy. When I look at the photos I have a strange feeling of being a small child again because of the unusual vantage point. Also because children often notice and marvel at beautiful and simple things in the world that most grown ups take for granted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Lonely Benches" provided a valuable and unfamiliar perspective to New York City. Long empty benches and an arching empty bridge provided a sense of space and isolation that contrasted sharply with the sense of business and congestion normally engendered by that city. Each of the pictures pulled me into its heart by creating a sense of intimacy and spaciousness through refreshing focal points. I liked the photographers sense of space and proximity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very good art! I can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like "Open Fields"... the birds look so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. To me, the pictures are the "blues" and "greens." The blue ones appeal to me most--I love the details and the perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the angles you get on each picture. My favorite is the New York photo, because of it's unique view of the well known city. I love how you get the balance of detail and blurry background... the effect is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Peter definitely has an interesting perspective that shows up in his photos. And the way he manipulates his images also adds a unique touch. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the photographs. They are very nice. My favorite is "Through the Reeds."

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice work, Peter captures a different take on some familiar local places, it makes you want to stop and look twice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The contrast of colors and reflections really caught my eye. Great job Peter! My favorite exhibit at Beanetics so far.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A pleasure to see these fine photos. Great attention to detail, and fine capture of light. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete