March 17, 2008

EVOLUTION OF ART: Cherie M. Redlinger's artist statement

As a follow-up to the interview I did with Cherie about her exhibit at Beanetics, here's what Cherie has to say about her work:
“Essence”
Through my artwork, I have sought a new hybrid art form to give depth to the human figure. I have used this art form to express the ESSENCE of a single moment in time. I favor capturing this action through a fluid line statement. With this freedom of expression, I convene the sensation of this experience. The speed with which I execute my mind’s experience preserves the spontaneity and yields expressive distortions. I find there to be a certain integrity in clean line work. Simple color is a necessary adjunct for minimum resolution and spacial definition. The surface textures of my work are visual and tactile, resulting from the use of a water-based compound. For me, the work becomes artifact, emulating a marked cave wall. The emotional and instinctual impulse that has driven me along a path to search for a new form of expression has brought the depths of the spirit of the moment out through the texture, color, and capturing my mind’s ESSENCE through my line work.
"Essence" comprises seven pieces of Redlinger's work:
1. Engulfed ...................................................... $350
2. Don’t Worry You Won’t Break ....................... 400
3. Breaking Out ................................................ 350
4. Rollin Thru ................................................... 400
5. Pride and Above .......................................... 350
6. Full and Content .......................................... 400
7. Mama Mia ..................................................... 350

No comments:

Post a Comment