November 15, 2007

"The Evolution of Art" Series at Beanetics Coffee Roasters

I am very excited about my new adventure as curator of art shows at Beanetics Coffee Roasters, in Annandale, Virginia. Together, Neshama Soulworks Studio and Beanetics are presenting “The Evolution of Art”—a new series featuring the work of emerging local artists in a unique exhibit space. This innovative series brings together fresh-roasted coffee and fine art in an intimate and comfortable setting. Beanetics is a great place to hang out with friends, and they are a free wi-fi site. And since they roast their own beans, the coffee is always fresh.

What I like about Beanetics is that it is a local place owned by local folks, Amy and David Starr. Beanetics is friendly and community oriented. Amy and David are passionate about coffee the way I am passionate about art. I want to see them succeed and see Beanetics become the "go to"place for coffee, to meet friends, to sit and surf the web.

The first time I entered Beanetics I saw this potential. And I thought having great art on the walls would help this happen. Amy and David agreed and so we have begun "The Evolution of Art" Series. Just as Beanetics is "the evolution in coffee" the art that will hang on its walls is also evolutionary. This is a venue for new and emerging artists to show their works. Over time, I hope that we will show many different artists and many different styles.

The series, hosted by Beanetics at its storefront coffee shop at 7028 Columbia Pike, Annandale, VA 22003, begins November 12, 2007, with “Circle Songs,” an exhibition of luminous mandalas by me, Jennifer Judelsohn. An artist’s reception will be held on December 1, 2007, from 7 to 9pm and will feature live music by Milwaukee-based singer-songwriter Marge Eiseman. Come on over and have some great coffee, see some radiant art, and hear some mellifluous music.

Beanetics is open Monday through Saturday from 7am to 8pm and Sunday from 8am to 6pm. The show will remain on exhibit through January 5, 2008.

And if you're an artist interested in showing your art at Beanetics, drop me an e-mail at jennifer@soulworksstudio.com.



No comments:

Post a Comment