November 9, 2008

Cindy Lang is at Beanetics: "Evolution of Art" Series latest artist

Can you remember a time when you were riding in a car and the view around you was so magnificent that you wished you could paint it?
This series of paintings by Cindy Lang explores just that idea. Her show, Images from Behind the Steering Wheel, was inspired from a solo cross-country trip that Cindy took. Her hope is that "these paintings will give the viewer a sense of earth's awesome power and beauty that can be witnessed daily from the convenience and comfort of our cars."

Today, we are here at Beanetics for Cindy's opening. Several of her friends have shown up, as well as fellow WCA artists Roberta Morgan, Barb Aigen, and national WCA president, Marilyn J. Hayes.

Cindy's art captures amazing vistas from Montana, Washington, Texas, Wyoming, South Dakota, and Idaho. Mountains, buffalo, skyscapes are some of the wondrous images in her work.

9 comments:

  1. I've always loved Cindy's work. We've been friends since highschool. The thing that amazed me since then was her sense of color and that she didn't have any mud in her paintings. You can see that therre's no mud in this show either. She means every color that she puts in her paitnings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As one who loves road trips and the natural side of the US, this exhibit captures it all. The grandeur of the west shows well on large canvases. Makes me want to hope in my car and hit the road.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I especially enjoyed Cindy's show and the descriptions under each painting. The time I spent talking with Cindy was wonderful and I hope to spend more time learning about her life and art.

    My favorite piece is Buffalo in the Black Hills. Her technique is fresh and she is an inspiration to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cindy, I am so pleased to be able ti see your paintings, and needless to say, I am very impressed. Thank you for inviting me.

    My favorite piece is the one with the buffalo because it reminds me of a cross country trip I took, and how the buffalo came up next to the car.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The thing that strikes me about Cindy's work is its photographic quality. She has a real knack for conveying each scene with a sense of immediacy--a kind of "you are there" feeling.

    The color in "Sunset, Coeur d'Alene, Idaho" is particularly striking--so intense, yet inviting. It really makes me want to take a drive in that area of the country myself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is your local art reviewest again. way cool art this time. a gotta see. And the paintings comes with stories. great for wandering around drinking your morning joe and telaporting yourself into the paintings and chillen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the paintings and the wide open spaces. I like the colors. The open spaces in these paintings generate wonder-lust in me. They have a particular energy and movement.

    My favorite pieces are the Hurricane Ike one and the Sunset, Couer d'Alene one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cindy met me in Spokane, Wash. during this trip and spoke about the extroardinary sites she had visited. We were relaxing with a beer in the parking lot of the motel. The paintings remind me of this trip. She has captured the magic of this country.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cindy Lang's work is impressive and evocative. You can almost feel the electric atmosphere of the approaching storm in the painting titled "Continental Divide Approaching Butte."

    ReplyDelete